Do you know what it takes to truly love somebody? A lot of women don’t. They move too fast, and come out with the short end of the stick. Why? Well, our emotions and the way of thinking are far different from that of how men think and operate. We have a softer side and have a tendency of opening our hearts to quickly and allow a man to life us up off the ground like a whirl wind. Why does this happen? Our emotions can get the best of us…Beware of opening yourself too quickly though, and make sure that you are ready. Jumping into love to quickly might seem all fun and dandy now, but the outcome down the road could be hazardous if you aren’t careful.
1. Just be you! Always be honest and have open and honest communication. In love, communication plays a vital role. If you can communicate openly and honestly with your boyfriend/girlfriend/lover/partner/spouse, then joy and love will thrive. If a husband and wife can talk together without holding anything back, then there is no limit to the happiness that they can share. I’ve made this statement on various occasions and it is the truth…Communication is the most important part of any love relationship. As long as you can talk and listen to each other, then no issue you encounter will be insurmountable.
2. Show that you care…just for him, do the things that he likes to do. Make sure your lover knows how important they are to you. Be certain that they understand that their happiness is your happiness. If your lover is stressed or upset, be willing to listen to their problem, and try to find a solution together. Never be afraid to show your affection, and never let there be any doubt about how much you care for each other. Talk about something if you need to clear the air. The longer you keep something bottled up inside of you, the harder it is on you, both emotionally and physically.
3. Make time for him, and show him that your love is important. A loving relationship is a partnership that both people recognise as important. Don’t let your love take second place to anything else. Spend time with each other, plan you future together, do things together that you both enjoy. Sometimes a job can seem to get in the way of love, but don’t let that happen! Regardless of what else is going on in each of your lives, make sure that you still make time for your love.
4. Love and romance should go hand in hand….like the birds of a feather, they…stick together! Being romantic with your partner is one of the most fun and exciting parts of any loving relationship. Don’t let the romance fall by the wayside because of the stresses and challenges of your daily life. Still surprise your boyfriend or girlfriend with romantic notes, nice dinners, flowers, picnics in the park. . . anything that lets your lover know how incredible you think they are, and how happy it makes you to be together.
5. Appreciate the love you share. Don’t ever take your love for granted. I did,…ladies, you don’t want to go down that road, and if you are reading this and think per -chance you have, or you are…do something to change your ways. Never under-estimate the power of the word “thank you”…it goes a longggg way and he’ll know that you notice the things he does for you, even if they are small things. Every day you should be thankful that you are getting the chance to be with such an amazing and wonderful person, and make sure that they have plenty of reason to be thankful that they are with you too. A relationship that is truly based on love can be hard to find, and you should always be grateful that the two of you have been brought together, and that you are both able to bring joy to each other’s lives.
6. Support one another through thick and thin- make sure you always have one an others back! In love, two people are as one, so it’s important for the two people to work together. All things are easier when two minds are as one; all challenges are halved, and all happiness is doubled. Be there to offer support to each other, and the good times will far outweigh the bad.
7. Forgive. None of us are perfect. Love won’t stop mistakes being made in a relationship or a marriage. Sometimes it will be your partner who makes a mistake, sometimes it will be you, and sometimes you will both make mistakes. That is completely normal, and it’s shouldn’t be a problem as long as you are willing to forgive one another. Love will win out in the end. Accept that we all occasionally do things that wish we didn’t do, and be able to move on. I recently learned this through a good friend who kept something from her boyfriend that was eating her up inside. She pondered telling him for months…she asked for my advice. I said don’t do it. The past is in the past, and it is not part of your future. She didn’t listen to me, and now, he isn’t sure that he wants to see her again. (they were talking about marriage a week prior to this) If he is the man that she speaks of…he will forgive, accept and continue to love her for good and bad. Unless this fella has a perfect record in the “ladies” department,..he has NO right to condemn her for her silence!! Hey, we’re human, we aren’t built perfectly. We don’t come with a money back guarantee! Follow your heart, but good God, listen to your head! Don’t make trouble where it isn’t necessary!
8. Don’t get carried away when you argue. What is getting carried away? I’ve got one for you….
Carried away would be throwing the bathroom scale at your husband when he gives you a “thigh master” for Valentines Day! This happened to my next door neighbor. He was a lucky man just getting a scale thrown at him…I would have done much worse! It’s normal for disagreements to occur, even when two people love each other very much. Don’t fight just for the sake of fighting however. Don’t get caught up “trying to prove who was right”. If there is a problem that needs to be discussed, then of course you should discuss it, but don’t make it a competition that one of you will win and one of you will lose. That’s not a result that you should want. Even if you feel hurt or upset by your partner, try not to say things that you don’t mean. The objective should be for you and your partner to resolve the issue, not to “get them to admit they were wrong”. Focus on the problem itself; don’t focus on who did what wrong. Make sure that you are looking for a solution, rather than causing confrontation, and you will be able to fight less, and love more.
9. Gotta love you! Remember that you are your own person. If you don’t have love for yourself, then it’s hard to have love for someone else. Make time for the things you like to do, even if they aren’t always things that your partner is interested in. A true love adds new options to you life, rather than making you give up the things that you enjoyed before. Love and embrace who you are, and you will find it’s much easier to love and embrace someone else too.
It’s not always easy to stick to these rules, but the rewards of finding your happy ever after and loving relationship are definitely worth the effort and sacrifices!
This is no fantasy land ladies, to those of you whom read my article and comment on how love isn’t like a fairy tale and that women grow up thinking that they’ll find that kind of love are seriously mislead… I say; On the contrary to what you negative women think…it does happen, and I have been witness to it on 6 occasions now in my life time so before you go and say finding a fairy tale kind of love is like getting struck by lightening….you’d better wear your sneakers with good rubber soles when you venture out! Love catches you by surprise….there is NO time limit to when it happens, it just does, and No, it may not be exactly like the fairy tale, he won’t come sweep you away on a white horse, but it could be a Mustang with a loud motor and a fast engine! Love life’s you up when you least expect it…and when you find it, your heart will carry you away to a land of new places, to conquer and enjoy with your special someone.
© This article is a copyright of Simply Delicious Lingerie.