Some call them the food and drinks of love…others, just a quick fix for some sexy satisfaction! When you don’t know whose word to take on this subject, you need to go directly to the core of the question to receive the proper answer, and in my case, I got 10 of them. Take a peek and see if you’ve experienced any that work for you? If so, share with me in the comment section if you will so that others can give them a try? So mates, partners, lovers and spouses, when you want a little action or to see a little jump in his step…try one of these on him and see if that does the trick? In the event that one or more of these work, be prepared for a long playful and very eventful evening!
1. Coffee. The caffeine kick from a cup of Java boosts your metabolism, gets your blood pumping and could also enhance endurance by releasing fat stores, giving you the energy to last all night. This is a 50/50. It works for some, and others not so much. Only you know how your own body works?
2. The blueberry is a sexual super-food often referred to as ‘nature’s little blue pill’ because of its remarkable similarities to the wonder drug ‘Viagra’. However, unlike ‘Viagra’, blueberries are cheap, readily available and able to be consumed in bulk! So not only does this produce a massive amount of oxidants that fight off cancer cells, like a pop up tent, it perks a man up in no time flat.
3. Watermelons. Watermelon and other fruits listed above contain bio-active phyto-nutrients. Watermelons contain concentration of lycopene (as do tomatoes) , beta carotene and a particularly important phyto-nutrient called citrulline. Citruline, like Viagra, causes the blood vessels to relax, producing erections. I never knew this…
4. Chillies. Spice up your love life with chillies. Just be very careful…you want to end up in the sack, not on the can. When your face flushes after eating a curry, that’s the blood vessels expanding thanks to the effect of the chillies. And it’s not just the blood vessels in your face that get the boost. Biologically speaking a hard-on is simple hydraulics – more liquid (blood) being forced into little tubes (blood vessels) in your penis – so what you need is a strong heart and smooth, healthy pipework.
5. Bananas. Who would have thought? The banana flower has a marvelous phallic shape and is partially responsible for popularity of the banana as an aphrodisiac food. An Islamic myth tells the tale that after Adam and Eve succumbed to the “Apple” they started covering their “nudity” with banana leaves rather than fig. From a more practical standpoint bananas are rich in potassium and B vitamins, necessities for sex hormone production.
6. Chocolate. For an simple pleaser, try a rich chocolate dessert to inspire your lust. Whether it is the serotonin in chocolate that gets you going or merely the sensual pleasure of eating it, chocolate has been celebrated throughout the ages as a sexual stimulant. The Aztecs considered it the food of the gods; tribal leaders consumed it in mass quantities to keep them going with hundreds of sex partners…and honestly, hundreds of people can’t all be wrong, right?
7. Ginseng. Find this aphrodisiac in its many forms at grocery stores in Chinatown. It is known to be especially powerful for men and can be consumed directly as a dried root or cooked into soups, teas and meat dishes. Add bits of fresh root or ginseng powder when cooking rice to infuse the starch with an earthy, bitter-sweet flavor–then brace yourself for the full effect. Make sure that you know what you are getting yourself into though, as once you start this, sister, there is NO turning back!
8. Red wine. Red wine is one of the most potent sources of the antioxidant known asresveratrol. According to researchers in a recent survey from Northwestern University, this powerful antioxidant actually increases estrogen production, leading to a heightened sexual appetite. That means she may just want to skip right to you for dessert. Warning….Be careful: Too much wine, too fast, can lead to drowsiness, and the dreaded, “Not tonight, I’m too tired,” line.
9. Salmon. The omega-3 fatty acids in oily fish make the blood less sticky, enhancing blood flow to the parts that matter. Eat fish like salmon, mackerel, trout and fresh tuna twice a week to keep your arteries well-oiled and your penis ready to go and on standby alert!
10. Truffles. The Greeks and the Romans considered the rare Truffle to be an aphrodisiac. Black truffles are popular through fall and winter and may last even longer. White truffles might only be on the menu for one month in late fall.The musky scent is said to stimulate and sensitize the skin to touch making someone a very erect playful guy.
***Might we recommend this? See our Cooking and Wine Expertise Guru for a delicious dish with salmon and bluberries that is sure to get your man into bed with delight tonight! (Baked Salmon w/Blueberries)