Holidays can be stressful, more so than normal shopping days, so remember, these sales people are just like you and I. They are people too and deserve respect. While many retailers will make an extra effort to ensure excellent customer service this holiday season, might I personally suggest that customers take these steps to help ensure a positive sales experience: Tis the season to be jolly, so please, don’t be a bitch. It’s the holidays for goodness sakes, so be nice. The only naughty we like to see at Simply Delicious Lingerie is when you buy our handcuffs and cute babydolls or erotic vinyl wear…thats naughty. That’s the only not acceptable! So if you can’t be nice…stay home and shop online. Don’t ruin the holiday spirit for others.
Get to know the sales clerks at your favorite stores. This ensures that you will be in the loop regarding stores sales and events. A salesperson who knows you may also be more apt to help if a problem does arise.
My advice? Research store policies before you buy. Being aware of policies regarding cash refunds or sale merchandise returns can help you avoid problems later on.
So what happens when you run into a problem? Here are a few tips for successfully handling service complaints
1. Take three deep breaths – when you are upset you may not think clearly and therefore often don’t present your case logically.
2. Tell the company rep that you know that the problem is not their fault – this reduces their defensiveness.
3. After outlining the facts, state exactly what you want the rep to do for you – if you don’t they might go off in the wrong direction in developing a response.
4. Don’t ask for cash compensation for your time – companies can almost never do that, but they can give you credit toward your bill.
5. Never use profanity – most reps are authorized to hang up on you if you do – and it is not fair to the rep who did not cause the problem.
6. If you have been a long-term customer, point that out but don’t exaggerate – employees can often access your actual purchase history, and as they say, the proof is in the pudding!
The simplest and most important thing you can do is to recognize good service when you receive it by remembering to say ‘thank you’ and even letting the sales person’s supervisor know. This can give them a boost for a possible increase in salary at the time of evaluations, and it may even give them the opportunity to grow with that particular company but getting a promotion.
Don’t over do it for shopping, and don’t exhaust yourself. When we get tired we get moody…No one likes a man or woman with an attitude this time of year. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and although there is only one shopping day left before Christmas Day, there are bargains and clearance sales to be found. Take a deep breath, look around you, smile, be thankful you are alive this year and celebrating such a season…and enjoy this holiday season. None of us know what tomorrow will bring, and you may not be here next Christmas, we don’t know what our future holds, so enjoy each and every day…our life is a gift, it is precious, so indulge in it and your loved ones!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,
From our Home to Yours at Simply Delicious Lingerie