So many women I know love chocolate. So many women that I know get chocolate cravings, but did you know that most women think that to lose weight they have to completely cut chocolate out of their diet? Say it isn’t so…OK, it isn’t so. No need to worry about getting your hands caught in the chocolate box.If you love chocolate but want to lose weight, there are ways to keep those calories from sabotaging your diet. Pick the right kind of chocolate, control your portions, and eat a balanced diet. Here are some suggestions for taking care of your health while you indulge your sweet tooth.
Choosing the Right Chocolate:
1. Eat dark chocolate. Did you know that dark chocolate is much better for you than milk chocolate? Dark chocolate is good for your heart and overall health. Studies show that it contains plant flavonoids and antioxidants that can improve the functioning of your blood vessels and protect you from clogged arteries. When you want something sweet, go with dark chocolate.
2. Drink cocoa. Cocoa is the ingredient that endows dark chocolate with its health benefits. Drinking unsweetened cocoa powder in skim milk is another way to get the flavor you crave without much fat or calories. Just keep in mind that milk can interfere with how your body absorbs the antioxidants. Another alternative is to sprinkle some cocoa in your yogurt.
3. Try chocolate-flavored products with no calories. Suck on sugar-free hard candies in chocolate flavors. A small indulgence can help keep you from feeling deprived, which will keep you from splurging on something that will wreck your diet.
4. Enjoy chocolate scents. In between meals, surround yourself with chocolate scents. Today, you can find products ranging from candles to lip balms. As for me, to the day, I’ve lost 21 pounds enjoying the aromas of wonderful chocolates and dessert flavors such as Whoopie Pie, Double Layer Chocolate Cake, Creme Brulee, Vanilla Cupcake and Buttercream from Yankee Candle. Menopause kicked in over a year ago and weight began piling on. I felt like it was out of control and I ate more and more not even realizing it. When I began my weight loss, I did it my way. For me, it was about savoring those delicious flavors and scents, not eating them. Now, I indulge in the scents with my tart burner while using the gazelle or treadmill.
5. Avoid milk chocolate and white chocolate. White chocolate contains no cocoa solids, and milk chocolate contains much less than the darker version. Dark chocolate is much more nutritious, especially when you’re trying to limit your overall calories.
1. Plan ahead. That’s right, do some juggling with your diet schedule and meals. This means; limit your treats to once a day. If you want fudge brownies with dinner, pass on the birthday cake at the office. When you’ve had a chocolate croissant for breakfast, eat berries for dessert.
2. Eat slowly. Honey, there isn’t a race to see who can finish the cake or brownies the quickest, so indulge and enjoy it. Savor the flavor! Enjoy your food by sitting down and loving every single bite. Eating slower will also help you notice when you’re full.
3. Share desserts. Many restaurants serve huge portions. Ask for one dessert and two spoons so you and your companion can share. You’ll both be better off.
4. Give away holiday chocolates. Getting a huge assortment of chocolates for Christmas or your birthday may be too much temptation for any chocolate lover. Take them to the office or put them out for your house guests to enjoy. Most artisan chocolates should be eaten while fresh, but some varieties may be frozen for a later date.
5. Buy individual truffles. Many bakeries, candy shops, and department stores sell individual pieces of candy or slices of cake. If you find it difficult to resist the lure of a whole box of cookies, take just one home and divide it up!
Eating a Balanced Diet
1. Know your calories. Did you know that a three-and-a-half ounce chocolate bar contains about 480 calories? Yup… A single Hershey’s Kiss has about 25 calories. Even though dark chocolate is healthy, you need to closely monitor the amount you eat if you’re trying to lose weight. Those calories can add up fast. Before you know it the pounds are on you and your clothes have either become tighter or the darn dryer is broken and has shrunken them!
2. Replace other sweets with dark chocolate. One easy strategy is to replace less nutritious snacks and desserts with chocolate. Two Hershey’s Kisses is far less calories than a bag of almost any potato chips. And if you have a chocolate treat as part of your daily routine, you’ll be more motivated keep eating the complex carbohydrates, plant foods, and lean proteins necessary for a balanced diet.
3. Get more exercise. Complement your healthy eating with regular exercise. Daily aerobics is the best way to lose weight safely. Try Yoga Booty Ballet….(my favorite) or take a walk, go ride a bike or hike. Look for opportunities to stay active throughout the day, like doing floor exercises during television commercials. There are several things that you can do to stay active and exercise without even having to try hard. Just make it part of your daily routine. Before you hit the shower, jump rope, or do jumping jacks, or run on the treadmill for 10-15 minutes. Each day/week, increase that until you are doing more and more…however, just because you are doing more and more activities to boost your metabolism does not mean that you should be eating more. That my friend completely defeats the purpose.
In my findings, if it is chocolate that you love…keep it in your life. There is no need to drop it like a bad habit. As long as you stick with dark chocolate, the treats you love can be good for your health. Practice moderation, and you can eat a little bit of chocolate every day without gaining weight. You see, we don’t have to give up the things that we love…we just have to learn other techniques so that we may keep them in our lives enough to relish them! When you eat good, you feel better and your confidence level peeks! You want to feel good from the inside out and from head to toe. Let that begin with your sexy lingerie you wear under your clothes. We sell a fabulous selection at www.SimplyDeliciousLingerie.com and www.SimplyLusciousLingerie.com!
About Simply Delicious Lingerie:
Simply Delicious Lingerie is an online boutique specializing in sexy lingerie from designers such as Carrie Amber Intimates LLC ‘SeventilMidnight’, Be Wicked, Elegant Moments, Fantasy Lingerie, Raveware, and WMS Clothing. Our lingerie is the aphrodisiac of taste, and represents beauty and luxury at an affordable price. At Simply Delicious Lingerie we’ve personally selected a variety of sexy lingerie just for you and all of your sensuous rendezvous. We sell accessories, Bordello shoes, Pleaser shoes, garter sets, bridal lingerie, bridal undergarments, honeymoon lingerie, wedding day lingerie, wedding garter sets, wedding petticoats, affordable plus size lingerie, Halloween costumes, sexy plus size costumes, fantasy lingerie, matching lingerie sets, Men’s underwear, men’s Lingerie, sexy thigh high stockings, satin pajamas, plus size sleepwear, adult novelty items and sex swings including the Whip Smart Pleasure Swing. Have a lingerie party with us and experience fun! Our mission is to take your sexy lingerie needs to the next level of comfort, intrigue, romance and sophistication. For more information or to place an order today please visit http://simplydeliciouslingerie.com/ Say YES (your everyday sexy) to Simply Delicious Lingerie! ®